Le 16 janv. 09 à 09:27, Jens Bauer a écrit :

Hi Greg,

On Jan 16, 2009, at 08:39, Greg Titus wrote:

The point of what people are trying to tell you is that the result you are getting (3ms per empty Objective-C call) is approximately 500,000 times longer than the time you ought to be getting (5-6ns). If an Objective-C message send took 3 milliseconds (333 method calls per second!), no useful software could ever have been written in the language.

Just a comment.. It's not every invocation of the empty method that takes 3ms, it's just happening often. What I'm concerned about, is the peak values, that makes chops in my rendering. I thought it was the fault of my rendering code, and it did take me some time to figure out that it wasn't *inside* my rendering, but *outside* it, that the time was spent.

From your guess at the end of your post, ("message dispatcher servicing") it is pretty clear that you don't really know what is going on.

:) I don't think any of us (except from Apple) knows what's exactly going on in there. ;)

The objc runtime is open sourced.