On 16 Jan 2009, at 18:03, P Teeson wrote:

On 16-Jan-09, at 11:48 AM, Robert Claeson wrote:
On 16 Jan 2009, at 14:09, Jon C. Munson II wrote:
I've been a DB developer for many years, albeit on the PC side. Report writing was usually part of the tools, or, something easily found elsewhere in the PC world. Not so easily found on the Mac side though, hence my
original question.

A good report writer & designer that I can integrate into my own applications is
something that I've been missing for years for the Mac.
There are such things for the 4G packages that are available for the Mac
(Omnis, 4D, FileMaker Pro etc), but nothing for Cocoa apps AFAIK.

That's like asking for a report writer for C or C++ and their libraries.

Yes. Such as Crystal Reports, which has, among other things, C, C++ and COM (I believe) APIs. It can fetch data directly from an ODBC- accessible database, or you can feed it data programatically.

I also used something similar back when I was writing business apps in Smalltalk.

Robert