what i did is created the outlet to my webview, made the webview load an html file that contains all my JS functions and then call it like so.

NSString *command = [[NSString alloc] initWithFormat:@"addMarkerAtPoint(%f, %f, 13, \"%...@\");", [location latitude], [location longitude], [location name]];
        [mapOutlet sendMapCommand:command];

Now that sendMapCommand is a method I put in my mapController, here it is

-(void)sendMapCommand:(NSString *)cmd
{
    id map = [mapView windowScriptObject];
    [map evaluateWebScript:cmd];
}

The ONLY downfall to this is that you can only make 1 function call per command sent. I tried to do seperate calls and it would not work. Combining the calls into functions and making 1 function call has worked for me.

Thanks,
Joseph Crawford