Hi,

I have a problem when loading pictures from a server.

I'm doing this in code, but I also tried to load them from "Safari" and
"Firefox" and neither succeeded so the code may not be the problem.

I have paths like: \\10.1.1.11\SomeFolder\FileName.jpg
<file:///\\10.1.1.11\SomeFolder\FileName.jpg> . I tested the path on
Windows in InternetExplorer and it pops up a Login dialog. After
authentication the picture is loaded and all further requests are ok.
How can I get this behavior on Mac (Firefox / Safari / any other
browser)?

In code I tried to get it with:

NSData * data = [NSURLConnection sendSynchronousRequest:theRequest
returningResponse:&theResponse error:&theError];

Where "theRequest" is a NSURLRequest initialized with the path given
above.

I also tried to initialize the NSURLRequest with a path like :
\\user:passw...@10.1.1.11\somefolder\filename.jpg
<file:///\\user:passw...@10.1.1.11\somefolder\filename.jpg>  where the
user and password are the same that worked on the windows
authentication. No luck!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

PS: the strings are ok, as in the "\" is actually a "\\" in code ...

Valentin Dan, Software Engineer                 Direct: +1 905 886 1833
ext.3047

Email: valentin....@masstech.com                 Office: +40 356-710158

Masstech Group Inc.                              Fax:    +40 256-220912

http://www.masstechgroup.com <http://www.masstechgroup.com/>

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE ADDRESSEE. IT MAY CONTAIN
PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION.ANY UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE IS
STRICTLY PROHIBITED.IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE IN ERROR, PLEASE
NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY SO THAT WE MAY CORRECT THE RECORDS. PLEASE THEN
DELETE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE. THANK YOU.