On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 8:43 PM, Walker Argendeli
<heckler0...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I'm relatively new to Cocoa, and I have two questions:
> 1. Let say you have a list of keywords (say two separate arrays) and you
> want to be able to filter a table/calendar view/etc. by a combination of a
> choice from each of the arrays.  How would you go about creating something
> like that in interface builder?  A screenshot of an example I encountered in
> an application is located here: softworksfiles.com/filtering.png

It's just a custom view that draws the background and a few NSButtons
(or maybe a matrix of NSButtonCells) with the Recessed style.  Wire
them up to your controller as appropriate.

> 2. Secondly, let's say I want to be able to select day(s) of the week.  I
> saw an example like this softworksfiles.com/weekday.png in an application,
> but am not sure how to replicate it.  I opened the nib file for that window
> from the package's resources directory, and when I clicked on it, a little
> circle popped up underneath it like one you would see for a NSFormatter, and
> when I clicked on it, it said prototype.  Obviously, since it's a compiled
> application that's not mine, I can't see more than that.

Did you look at Type column in the IB list hierarchy view?  It's an
NSMatrix of Gradient-styled NSButtonCells with a -1 horizontal offset.

--Kyle Sluder