[Jon C. Munson II] My intent with the question was to seek clarity rather
than make an assumption.  The dox don't say what happens, so one is left to
make assumptions.  Given that making assumptions about whether maintenance
is needed or not is a dangerous proposition (can we say "memory management"
- I know I'm still working on that phrase), I just wanted clarity.  I would
agree that leaving things around is a bad thing, but I just wanted to be
absolutely sure.  And no, I didn't want to go in and muck with the file,
neither did I know if there was some process that later needed to be called
(akin to Microsoft Access Repair & Compact and FoxPro had something similar
to remove deleted records, rebuild indexes, etc.), hence my question.
Additionally, because Core Data works in a way that I'm not quite used to,
clarification of the process was/is a good thing.