On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 5:57 PM, John Calhoun <calho...@apple.com> wrote:
> That is true. The PDFPage draw method is instead what is being called (in
> fact it is called both via printing and by the PDFView itself in order to
> display the PDF).

Okay, so at this point I guess I need to establish just what's going
on.  Does PDFView refer to a view containing the enclosing scroll
view, or perhaps the scroll view itself?  If so, why does -[PDFView
drawPage:] exist?  It seems to me like it's the privately-typed
document view which is actually running the print operation, which is
in turn invoking each page's -drawWithBox: method.  This makes some
sense to me, but I don't get where PDFView actually comes into the
picture.  Unlike every other NSScrollView-packaged view, it doesn't
actually come as an NSScrollView with a document view.

As far as the advice goes, thank you both for your help.  I'm working
on it right now.

--Kyle Sluder