On Feb 10, 2009, at 12:23 , Scott Anguish wrote:

On 9-Feb-09, at 3:57 PM, Jerry Krinock wrote:

Is there any basic documentation like a "Collection View Programming Guide", covering NSCollectionView and friends? I've not been able to find any.

No, not currently. It's a known issue and is being tracked.

And even if you get the basics working, there is still a lot of issues with it, in particular when using resizing NSCollectionViewItems (e.g. rdar://5950467 "NSCollectionView does not work correctly with NSScrollView's autohideScrollers", rdar://5962073 "NSCollectionView resizes its item-views incorrectly" (during live-resize) or worst of all rdar://5962086 "NSCollectionView scrolls to origin on resize" (supposedly a dup of rdar://4867132 which *really* should've been fixed by now) which makes one of my apps nearly unusable). Each of these are trivial to reproduce, have simple example code available, but seem to be collecting dust. I'm not sure who decided it was ready to ship in 10.5, but I think it was a bad call.

Incidentally, if any Apple engineers know a workaround for rdar:// 5962086, it'd be well appreciated. I looked at nearly all the message sends going on between the NSCollectionView and the NSScrollView but could not devise a way to prevent it from scrolling back to the origin.

        Daniel.