Hello,

I hope you all are doing fine. After searching far and wide I didn't find an answer to my problem and I was hoping someone could guide me on the right path. I have a layer-backed content view which parents, among other things, a NSTextView. If I understand correctly when a NSView is layerbacked then all of its children will also be layer- backed. This however introduces an issue, when I'm resizing my window the text in my NSTextView fades and sort of flickers which is very irritating for the users. I don't need the layer on that control so I would like to remove the layer or mingle with the actions/animations so that doesn't happen. I have tried overriding a bunch of methods like:

1: disable actions in a explicit transaction and do everything inside
that transaction

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/CoreAnimation_guide/Articles/Transactions.html#/
/apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40006096-SW9

or
2:http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/CoreAnimation_guide/Articles/Actions.html#/
/apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40006095-SW9

basically, set the action to NSNull (listing 3)

3: override the default action method and return NSNull unless some
condition you've already specified is true.

But none of them work to disable this animation.

I really appreciate all your support.

Regards,

Alejandro