On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 4:32 AM, Alejandro Rodriguez
<l.mephi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a NSView which hosts a list of NSViews (like an NSTableView with
> views instead of cells). It works perfectly except when the list starts to
> grow. When I get too many items resizing become sluggish, and after checking
> I think it is because

Stop there. You don't know what's slow, you only have supposition.
Before you try to make things faster you need to find out what really
*is* slow.

People are notoriously bad at predicting what code is taking up all of
their computer's time. It's a waste of time to try to increase
performance without profiling your code first.

I recently wrote an article about profiling with Shark that you may
find helpful for this:

http://www.mikeash.com/?page=pyblog/friday-qa-2008-02-06-profiling-with-shark.html

If you do that and still don't know how to speed up your code, write
back with the results from Shark and then we'll all know what's slow
and maybe have an idea for fixing it.

Mike