I have place a sample application which demonstrates the problem at:

http://ericgorr.net/cocoadev/outlinetable/ItemDev.zip

If you edit the label of the item and enter enough characters so that it starts a third line, the NSTextView mysteriously shifts down a couple of pixels. It is unclear to me why this is happening and what I can do to prevent it.

Any thoughts or comments?

Thank you.

p.s. ultimately, this is just a piece of what I need to build by hand which looks like:

http://ericgorr.net/cocoadev/outlinetable/outlineview.png