On Feb 19, 2009, at 3:52 PM, mmalc Crawford wrote:

On Feb 19, 2009, at 1:41 PM, Ricky Sharp wrote:

Perhaps this is just how I've coded things, but I've seen views get unloaded and reloaded perfectly without any leaks.

This isn't the issue.

The issue is how much memory can you free up in response to a memory warning. If you don't follow this pattern, then you won't be freeing up as much as you could to.

If your app isn't getting memory warnings, you won't encounter this at all.

OK, things have finally clicked :)

Yes, I have never had memory warnings. Just "unused objects at this moment" unloaded to make room for more.