On Feb 21, 2009, at 2:46 PM, Nick Zitzmann wrote:

Looks like the documentation writers changed their minds about this: <http://developer.apple.com/documentation/DeveloperTools/Conceptual/PackageMakerUserGuide/Introduction/chapter_1_section_1.html >

It used to say there that installation packages were recommended over drag & drop. Now, looking at the latest HI guidelines, it looks like DnD installs are favored once again.

I don't think packages were ever recommended over D&D in the HI guidelines - only in the PackageMaker documentation, which I doubt was written by the HI team. It has always seemed to me to be a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand was doing, and if it's now been deleted from the PM docs, that would seem to reinforce this hypothesis.

Charles