On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 5:52 PM, Aaron Wallis <d2k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I step through the process in debugger it just confuses me more.
> I've put a breakpoint on the "self.delegate = tDelegate" assignment and
> stepped through each part of the process (until the error occurs).

I really, *really* cannot emphasize this enough.  You are experiencing
the well-known symptoms of failing to retain an object.  It's not
crashing because another object happens to be allocated in its place.
Someone somewhere is failing to retain, or is releasing to early, your
delegate object.  The problem is not caused by the synthesized
accessor/mutator, it is merely masked by your avoidance thereof.

Fix your memory management bug, and hopefully unsurprisingly your
buggy behavior will go away.

--Kyle Sluder