Hi Keary,

Thanks.  I can confirm that this isn't having any effect in this case.

For now, a simple subclass of NSObjectController that recovers the documented behaviour seems to be working satisfactorily for me.

There remains every chance that the documented behaviour I quoted isn't the whole story and that NSObjectController isn't meant to work the way I'm interpreting the statement about what is returned by - selectedObjects from concrete instances of NSObjectController. However, the docs look pretty straightforward to me, so I think that either they are wrong, or there is indeed a bug in NSObjectController. I'll file with radar, but if someone still has any information that can put me right on this one I'd like to know!

-- lwe