Too little resource, too little experience, too little return. The first two are because this is a skunk works type corporate project that basically has myself (an ex-.NET and general Windows coder) as it's resource so is constrained by me. The third is because I don't see sufficient gain to doing all the memory management myself. GC systems have become efficient enough in our modern world that I think manual memory management has become pretty specialized and out of place in 80% of desktop applications. Certainly there is the other 20% of high performance and real time situations but mine is basically a pretty face on a database. Anybody want to argue the other direction? I am always willing to learn.