Set your program as a User Agent with launchd on install (i.e., a login item). launchd will make sure your program is running when the user logs in.

Then, take a look at the NSTimer docs to implement the every-so-often part of it.

--Daniel Richman

Pierce Freeman wrote:
Hi everyone:

I am wondering how to create a background process that will only run when
the user is logged in and will run every certain minutes (a bit like Time
Machine).  I am also not sure in which way the action in the background
process would be programmed, so any information regarding this would be
great.

Thanks for any help.

This email sent to applemaill...@mm.danielrichman.com