On Mar 22, 2009, at 6:29 PM, Pierce Freeman wrote:

But the odd thing is, if I set the path to a
file that I know doesn't exist (ex.
/Applications/ soidaoidaiodsaoidiasoadsoidoiaadiosoaidiodaoidasoidaoidasoiado iasdoidaoidadasoidiaosasidoosdiaiodsiodsa.app) it will still return some
weird page icon.

Come to think of it, it's strange that you get an icon for a non- existent file, but if it *does* exist, I'd always expect some sort of icon. I've never run into this situation personally. Which specific method are you using? There are:

– iconForFile:
– iconForFileType:
– iconForFiles:

  Just curious.

In your case, though, if you're going after applications, you'd presumably already have a list of app bundle paths, so it shouldn't be a problem, right?

--
I.S.