On Mar 23, 2009, at 7:20 AM, Fabry, Geza wrote:

I would like to draw some text into my custom view wider than usual but
not by stretching the glyphs using a transformation but by increasing
the spacing between the glyphs (like in Font > Character Spacing >
Spacing > Expanded/Condensed in MS Word). Is there an attribute for an
NSAttributedString like kATSUAfterWithStreamShiftTag was in ATSUI or any
other way to do that?

I think what you want is to change the font "tracking", but I don't think there is a way to do that easily (no public setting for it). You could try fiddling with font kerning, but that might have an inconsistent look. There is a font manager property called "font trait", but I think that requires an actual font variant for condensed, expanded, etc. I don't know if it can be "faked". You could fake it by inserting space characters of determined sizes, or scrap the text view do your own thing (which is likely what Word is doing).

HTH,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.