> From: Eric Gorr <mail...@ericgorr.net>
> Subject: NSObliquenessAttributeName, labelFontOfSize, & Italic

> The solution proposed in the thread was to just add
> NSObliquenessAttributeName, which is easy enough, but I am not sure
> what the appropriate angle should be.
>
> Is there a standard angle which should be used in this situation?

I found through trial and error that 0.15 produces the most acceptable
simulation of italic.  Of course, since this is an aesthetic decision,
others might disagree.

(Apple should include an italic version of the font if it is the default for
NSTableView (it is, right?).  It took me a lot of head scratching to figure
out why binding a boolean to the "Italic" property of various cells was
producing no effect whatsoever, when binding to "Bold" worked fine!).