I'm working on developing a Pascal Objective-C bridge like RubyObjc and have run across a problem I can't seem to work around with IB. I very new to Cocoa btw, so I hope this makes sense. Maybe I'm asking in the wrong place also. ;)

I have noticed that when a nib is loaded it must allocate an instance of the class that I added to the nib and when actions are sent to their target (by dragging connections to that class), THAT instance is used as the "self" parameter (the first) in the Pascal function (this parameter is hidden in Objective-C code). That means I have no opportunity to set an instance variable that contains a reference to the Pascal object, and thus access it's instance variables and methods.

Is there anyone who is aware how this was accomplished by the other bridges or if I can force IB to not instantiate the classes, or maybe replace the instance with my own? It seems like I need a way to access the instances of those classes inside the nib but I don't think that can be done. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,
        Josef