[Jon C. Munson II]  OK.  Benjamin Stiglitz responded suggesting I take a
look at the ToManyCheckbox example on mmalc's page, so I'll do that and see
if that clarifies things.  Also, I noticed in the iClass example that code
is used to support the relationship and so on.  Is that the recommended
"template" implementation to support this type of relation?

The purpose of the iClass example is to demonstrate how to construct and
maintain relationships between objects in different persistent stores.

Anything not required for that particular task is mostly an example of how
to hack an example together in an afternoon under a deadline ;-)

[Jon C. Munson II] Is there then a more discrete example that illustrates an
interface such as I'm attempting to implement?  If not, is there a way to
request one?