On Apr 1, 2009, at 3:34 AM, Ben Lachman wrote:

I have a menu item that is bound to a target. The menu is resides in has "Auto Enables Items" checked which means that it should call - validateMenuItem on a items target if it is available. However validate is never called on the target. If I remove the binding and set the target to one of the objects manually in IB the validation method is called as expected. Has anyone else run into this and if so, is there a work around?

IIRC, I had a situation where I discovered that both target & action have to be bound (i.e. key-value binding) or target-action fails entirely.

HTH,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.