Am 03.04.2009 um 06:49 schrieb Ben Lachman:

No. That was what my original message outlined. Say you have a table view selected and hit cmd-p. NSView has a default implementation of print: so it will print the table view. In my case and in many others what you really want to print is the detail view or some representation of it that actually shows the currently data of the selected object(s). So no that's not really what the first responder is for.

Why not subclassing that table view and overriding print:?

        atze