On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Sean McBride <s...@rogue-research.com> wrote:
> On 4/3/09 12:07 PM, I. Savant said:
>
>>> One thing you should do is set the bundle bit of your folder.  You can
>>> use the MoreFilesX sample code, and call:
>>>
>>>  FSChangeFinderFlags (&theFsRef, true, kHasBundle);
>>
>>  I don't think this will work on its own, but I could be wrong. Can
>>you verify this?
>
> It works.  Every app that creates packages should set the bundle bit on
> all packages, always.  Few do.  If you don't set the bundle bit and the
> application is not on any of your disks, the Finder will show a folder.
>
> Ever install a fresh system (with no Xcode) and navigate to a folder
> with an .xcodeproj?  It will appear as a folder because Xcode doesn't
> set the bundle bit.

  Yes, I agree this helps keep the file looking correct when
LaunchServices can't find the matching application (since the
application itself declares the type and declares it as being a
bundle/package), but my point is that I don't believe this on its own
is sufficient, is it? As I understand it, you have to provide the
appropriate bundle structure (Info.plist with a Contents folder, etc.)
so Finder recognizes it and knows what to do.

--
I.S.