On Apr 6, 2009, at 2:31 PM, Тимофей Даньшин wrote:

When I insert non-latin strings into my SQLite3 database, they turn into some weird sets of characters (as I select those strings later in Terminal), and the fields, which contain those strings, become unusable by my application.

I googled for it for quite a bit, but everywhere it says that SQLite 3 supports utf8, so there is no advice on what should be done in such situations.

What can I do about it?

Are you properly encoding your C strings with -cStringUsingEncoding:? If so, when you query the column (and properly translate the C string to NSString using -stringWithCString:encoding:), are the characters still mangled?

HTH,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.