On Apr 7, 2009, at 12:54 PM, Тимофей Даньшин wrote:

I am deeply and sincerely ashamed of myself.
The point is that i get that input string by splitting the string in my textView ([[myTextView textStorage] string]) into sentences. During that procedure i check every char if it is a sentence terminator (?! or linebreak). And i do that by using the - characterAtIndex: method. And the thing is that that method returns wrong characters if it deals with unicode ones. Thanks Keary Suska for pointing that out to me.

I will now have to find another "unicode-safe" way to split the string into sentences.

Thanks again for all your help.
And if you could give me a hint on how to safely get unicode chars at a given position of a string, I'd be even more grateful :)

Apple's "String Programming Guide for Cocoa" will give you info on how to handle unicode strings.

HTH,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.