On Apr 7, 2009, at 8:22 AM, I. Savant wrote:

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Rama Krishna <vrk.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

I get the animation all right. However all the sub view sizing and layout is
disturbed. Some views appear above other views and so on.

What is the proper way to animate a view from zero size to the desired size?

 I believe this is a known issue with the autoresizing mechanism.
Specifically, autosizing behavior does not work correctly when a view
has been sized to 0,0. I don't believe there is a workaround for
animating the size of your view directly.

I would add to this that I found that if views overlapped when their container view was shrunk (to any size that would cause views to overlap, not just to 0), when the container view grows the subviews would get placed in apparently undefined ways. This may be an "overlapping views" issue.

Best,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.