On 08/04/2009, at 2:31 PM, Michael Ash wrote:

I got curious and experimented. Archiving (as in NSCoder) appears to
work fine, but if you send an NSDate through an XML plist, it loses
its fractional seconds! (rdar://6768646) So if you're using plist
serialization, you may well not get the same date out that you put in.

However, since it sounds like you'll always get a whole number of
seconds (a multiple of 60, for that matter) then you should be fine.
Explicitly rounding on your side of things certainly wouldn't hurt
either.

I'm archiving using NSCoder to a binary archive, not to a XML plist. I'm now rounding off to a whole number of days also.

Thanks for all your help - just remains to be seen now if certain users can now open my app! ;)

--Graham