On Apr 16, 2009, at 7:43 PM, Marcel Weiher wrote:

Hi Wagner,

we have rather impressive hardware these days, and Objective-C can access all that power if you let it.

No kidding.

Incidentally, the - [start timeIntervalSinceNow] you used in your code is a really clever trick for getting elapsed time, it took me a while to figure out that it was not a bug :-)

Thanks. To be honest, I didn't (and still don't) know what the standard way to do it is so I looked at the documentation for NSDate and, by chance, the first method my eyes landed on was - timeIntervalSinceNow. It says that if the receiver is an earlier date than now, the result is negative, so I cooked up the code you saw. Maybe if I wasn't in a such a hurry, I'd have figured out how to do it in a less enigmatic way. So, what *is* the standard way to measure elapsed time?

Wagner