On Apr 25, 2009, at 10:49 AM, norio ota wrote:

I need to localize the undo menu title.
I made the subclass of NSUndoManager and overrode two methods:
undoMenuTitleForUndoActionName and redoMenuTitleForUndoActionName.

Bun they don't get called.

Would you tell me who calls the functions and , if possible,
how I should do to localize the titles instead of general ones?

The issue, in your particular case, is probably more of an issue of how to get various parts of Cocoa to use your NSUndoManager subclass. Is there a reason that -setActionName: won't work? I imagine it could be rather awkward grammar in some languages, but it would be a lot easier.

Otherwise, IIRC, all controls will use the Window's undo manager, so if you have the window delegate implement - windowWillReturnUndoManager:, you can force the use of your subclass.

Best,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.