> On Tue, 2009/04/28, Graham Cox <graham....@bigpond.com> wrote:
>> On 2009/04/29, at 08:34, Jeffrey Oleander wrote:
>> I've been having 2 intermittent compilation errors
>> on 10.3.9 in
>> - (BOOL)loadDataRepresentation:(NSData*)data
>> ofType:(NSString*)fileType
>> {
>>     BOOL success;
>>     NSString * lowercaseFileType =
>> [fileType lowercaseString];
>>     NSLog(@"fileType=%S",
>> lowercaseFileType);

> %S specifies a null-terminated array of 16-bit unicode
> characters. What you're passing is an NSString object.
> So the specifier should be the object specifier, %...@.

Yes, that is what I had tried first.  Still, the warning
comes and goes.

>> The second is
>> error: parse error before "JGOXMLParser"
>> and point to
>> [xmlParser setDelegate:JGOXMLParser];
>>
>> I understand that – loadDataRepresentation:ofType:
>> method is valid in 10.3.9 but deprecated in 10.4
>> but I have to work with what I have.
>>
>> Does the delegate have to be an instance?
>
> It has to be an instance of *something*.

OK, Thanks.

That leaves only, what's the namespaceURI parameter in
- (void)parser:(NSXMLParser *)parser didStartElement:(NSString *)elementName
namespaceURI:(NSString *)namespaceURI qualifiedName:(NSString *)qualifiedName
attributes:(NSDictionary *)attributeDict

The examples do not show and the reference says "namespaceURI
If namespace processing is turned on, contains the URI for the current
namespace as a string object." so I'm going to let it be an empty string.

I've submitted comments to the documentation.