On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 4:59 AM, Shraddha Karwan
<shraddha.kar...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Gwynne Raskind <gwy...@darkrainfall.org
> >wrote:
>

> > Please don't suppress the standard dialer screen. As long as it remains,
> > the user has no doubt about what you're doing, and how to interact with
> the
> > interface.
> >
> > It would worry me if there *was* a way to suppress it. Control of the
> > device belongs to the user, and providing a single funnel interface (the
> > tel: protocol and its associated UI) to the dialing system brings us one
> > step closer to assuring that.
> >
> > -- Gwynne, Daughter of the Code
> > "This whole world is an asylum for the incurable."
> >

> Thanks for the response.
> So is there any means by which I can change the orientation of the dialer
> when the device orientation changes?

You should never change the orientation of the dialer.  Why?
 The receiver is
at the top of the device and transmitter (i.e. mic) is at the bottom of the
device.
Thus, when one answers a call or makes a call, the phone will be in
portrait
orientation.  Please don't try to implement feature(s) that violates the
user
experience on the iPhone.  Thus, I would highly recommend reading the
following:

iPhone Human Interface
Guidelines<http://developer.apple.com/iphone/library/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/MobileHIG/index.html>

Good luck,