Obviously, if you want to cache the images between runs of the application, you need to cache them as binary onto the disk. If you are OK with the images being loaded after every launch of the application, you can cache them into an NSMutableDictionary with the URL as the key, and the image object itself as the object (no need to convert it into binary if you're just going to store it in a dictionary). Just ask the dictionary for it's "objectForKey" by passing the URL. It will return 'nil' if it hasn't been cached yet (in which case you need to fetch the image and cache it). This is generally how all caches work.

- Eric