Thanks for the reply,

Here is my sample project:
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/496106/scrollViewSplitViewGlitch.zip

I have added a simple data source to it that gives the table view 10 rows. Just
to emphasize that unchecking "show vertical scroller" is not really an option
for me because I indeed want the vertical scroller to appear when it actually
should!

But yes you're right, overriding that hasVerticalScroller method does indeed
return YES when that vertical scrollbar is prematurely appearing. In the sample
project above you will find this subclass of NSScrollView, although by default
I have commented your method out.

So you can more easily see the glitch, and to demonstrate that I want to do
this to get an "inspector" to the right, I have added a button that toggles the
"inspector".

Any ideas?

Thanks, U.