Yah Andy and Michael you all were right. But still I have some problem.1>.
While resizing the window Image is not getting resized.
2>. My controls (NSButton and NSTextField) are not visible after the
awakeFromNib call.

Here is modified code -

- (void) awakeFromNib

{

if (appWindow == NULL)

{

NSLog(@"AppController::awakeFromNib : appWindow is NULL");

}

else

{

NSLog(@"AppController::awakeFromNib : appWindow is not NULL");

if (winImageView == NULL)

{

NSLog(@"AppController::awakeFromNib : appWindow is NULL");

}

else

{

NSLog(@"AppController::awakeFromNib : appWindow is not NULL");

}

[ appWindow setContentView: winImageView];

- (id) init

{

[super init];

 NSBundle *myBundle = [NSBundle mainBundle];

if (myBundle == NULL)

{

NSLog(@"AppController::init : myBundle is NULL");

}

else

{

NSLog(@"AppController::init : myBundle is not NULL");

}

 NSString *path = [myBundle pathForResource:@"winImg" ofType:@"png"];

 NSLog(@"AppController::init : Image file path : %@", path);

 // winImageView is a data member of this class

winImageView = [[NSImageView alloc] init];

[winImageView setImage: [[NSImage alloc] initWithContentsOfFile: path]];

 return self;

}

Regards
Cocoa.learner