Hi, This is my first Cocoa App and I'm new to programming in anything other
than scripting languages, so please bear with me.
Goal: (embarrassingly simple) Show the about menu in a Tiger.  Everything
works find in Leopard.

Problem: I'm developing a NSStatusbar background (LSUIElement = true) app.
 It builds and functions perfectly in Leopard and builds in Tiger.  However,
I get one tiny problem in Tiger: an error in Console when accessing the
about menu of my application.

The error is: [NSCFDictionary setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil
value. And the StandardAboutPanel does not appear.

Code:

- (IBAction)showAboutPanel:(id)sender {

    [NSApp activateIgnoringOtherApps:YES];

    [[NSApplication sharedApplication] orderFrontStandardAboutPanel:sender];

}

I don't think it could get more simple, but I can't see where I'm passing a
nil value. I thought this was related to a missing piece of info in
info.plist, but all required fields seem to be present.

I'm building this in 10.4 SDK on Xcode 3.1 on Leopard and have tried in
Xcode 2.5 on Tiger.

I've also tried the following straight from the Apple Developer docs :

- (IBAction)showAboutPanel:(id)sender {

[NSApp activateIgnoringOtherApps:YES];

NSDictionary *options;

NSImage *img;

img = [NSImage imageNamed: @"iconAbout"];

options = [NSDictionary dictionaryWithObjectsAndKeys:

@"1.0", @"Version",

@"App name", @"ApplicationName",

img, @"ApplicationIcon",

@"Copyright notice", @"Copyright",

@"App Version", @"ApplicationVersion",

nil];

[[NSApplication sharedApplication]
orderFrontStandardAboutPanelWithOptions:options];

}

And done a lot of googling. My other thoughts were if I am missing a call to
a framework under Tiger somewhere?

Where am I passing this nil value?

Thanks for any help.

Chris