Never mind ... silly newbie mistake .. didn't have the window outlet set in IB.

rjo
On Jun 2, 2009, at 8:15 PM, Robert Olivier wrote:

I'm implementing a shared inspector and following the guidance at
http://borkware.com/rants/inspectors/

I have a method in my NSWindowController subclass:

- (void) toggle
{
        if(!visible) {
                visible = true;
[self setDocument: [[NSDocumentController sharedDocumentController] currentDocument]];
                [self showWindow: self];
                NSLog(@"show inspector window");
        } else {
                visible = false;
                [[self window] orderOut: self];
                NSLog(@"hide inspector panel");

That should toggle visibility of the window without closing/ releasing it. However, when this method is invoked with visible=true, the window does not go away in response to the orderOut: message. Any clue as to why this would be?

rjo

This email sent to rjoliv...@mac.com