On 10/06/2009, at 9:15 AM, Stephen Blinkhorn wrote:

Perhaps this illustrates an underlying fundamental problem with the structure of my app but I don't want to know about that right now :) Well, ok, maybe I do...

I think you recognise that this is indeed problematic... ;-)

If the controls are all the same, why not have one set of controls and one controller, and switch the connection from the controller to the data model instead? That sounds like a much more conventional and sane approach. Bindings or KVO can make that really easy to handle, with very little code required to "rewire" the controls to reflect the new data model object.

--Graham