>>My application has opened documents, but script returns "can't get
name of document 1".
    i think you should change your Applescript.
    tell application "MyApp"
       <mention the command (verb) here>
    end tell

<Command> is the one that you have mentioned in the .Sdef file . In your
Xcode when you click on the Sdef file , check for the Verb(s) "Terminology
for the SimpleScriptingVerbs Sample" you need to call the verb in the apple
script. Only then your "App" would understand what it has to do.

regards,
~Arjun