I wasn't sure where to post this but Cocoa programmers should know as well as any one else I thought.

I have just learned about the "leaks" unix utility for detecting memory leaks but I'm not unix savvy enough to understand a point mentioned in the man page. Which is:

"If the MallocStackLogging environment variable was set when the application was launched, leaks also displays a stack trace describing where the buffer was allocated."

Can anyone who uses this utility tell me how to set the this environment variable? I'm thinking it's possible this must be set via GDB, otherwise I'm not sure where it could get a stack trace from. Thank you for helping.

Regards,
        Josef