On 19/06/2009, at 3:59 AM, Erik Buck wrote:

use
[[myBox subviews] makeObjectPerformSelector:@selector(setEnabled:) withObject:NO];

or similar.

Are you certain that works? 'NO' isn't an object, so I didn't think you could use -makeObjectsPerformSelector:withObject: in this fashion - or is there some magic available that isn't mentioned in the docs? The docs appear to state explicitly that the single argument to the selector must be type id. However it does seem to compile without complaint, though I'm not sure why... If this is permitted, does it work with rects, points, etc?

Alternatively you can use: [[box subviews] setValue:[NSNumber numberWithBool:NO] forKey:@"enabled"]; since KVC converts to scalars as needed.

Another problem here is that setEnabled: only works on NSControls or derivative, not NSViews. So you'd have to be certain that all your subviews were controls, otherwise it will throw with an unknown property error when it hits the first non-control view. Or you could implement -setEnabled for NSView in a category.

--Graham