On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Kyle Sluder<kyle.slu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 5:09 AM, Brian Bruinewoud<br...@darknova.com> wrote:
>>    CGFloat c = 0.0L;
>
> The compiler is silent here because it knows that 0.0L is finitely
> representable as a float (0.0).
>
> As for the other two occasions, you would need to compile with data
> flow analysis (which I believe is triggered by -O2 or higher) for the
> compiler to perform the constant folding necessary to see that you're
> storing a finitely-representable value.
>
> I would not recommend disabling -Wconversion.  It is a great way to
> highlight places where your code is not 64-bit ready.

I think you mean -Wshorten-64-to-32. -Wconversion warns you every time
a function call has the parameter passing altered by the presence of
the function's prototype, which is to say that it will warn you every
time you call any function (or method) which takes a char, unsigned
char, short, unsigned short, or float. Not exactly useful.

Mike