On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 2:05 AM, WT<jrca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 23, 2009, at 7:37 AM, Eric Hermanson wrote:
>
>> UNFORTUNATELY, the iPhone Simulator does not support instance variable
>> synthesis (at least it didn't in 2.x, maybe that changed in 3.0).
>
> I just tested that in the 3.0 simulator and it does NOT support ivar
> synthesis.

The 32-bit Objective-C runtime on the Mac side of things does not
support it, which means the simulator can't support it unless it moves
to 64-bit on the Mac side. That would open its own can of worms, since
the iPhone is a 32-bit platform. The only other way to resolve this
would be for the simulator to bring in a custom ObjC runtime and that
seems extremely unlikely to happen to me.

Mike