Hi all, my goal is to create custom installer icons for a couple of
Installer .pkg packages. I'm following the instructions at:

http://www.khiltd.com/Downloads/prettypackages.html

At the section "Into the Fray" he suggests to use the Finder to
generate the Icon\r file for me by doing a Get Info on the source
.icns file, copying the proxy icon and then pasting it onto the Get
Info proxy on an empty folder(for instance). This does seem like a
simple approach.

The problem here is that the proxy icon for the .icns file is a
generic document icon. I continued on with the instructions hoping
that somehow the Finder detected the actual icons inside the .icns
file. However, after following the rest of the instructions at the
command line, where you transfer the icon.rsrc resources into a .pkg
file, my hopes were dashed. The generic file icon appeared, rather
than the contents of the .icns file. Am I missing something simple
here? Is there another way(via the Get Info proxy method) to get the
contents of the .icns file? If not, what is another method to either:

convert the .icns to an Icon\r
convert the .icns to a resource

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Michael