The group doesn't have a name when you create it. Try setting the name after creation rather than getting it.

Luke

Sent from my iPhone.

On Jul 11, 2009, at 12:50 AM, James Lin <jamesclin...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

Anyone familiar with the Addressbook framework?

I can't seem to be able to add a "group" into the addressbook only ONCE.

if i use ABRecordRef group = ABGroupCreate(); to get a handle on group,

calling NSString *groupName = (NSString *)ABRecordCopyCompositeName (group);

returns a NULL.

so I can't seem to be able to check if a group name already exists and don't have to re-create the group again.

Can you please help me and point me in the right direction?
How do I create group only "once"?

Thank you and best regards...

James

This email sent to luket...@apple.com