I have searched the list archives and Google to no avail in trying to determine how the Kind value shown in the Finder is set.

My initial thought was that the UTTypeDescription entry under UTExportedTypesDeclarations in the info.plist for a QuickLook Generator was the answer as the docs say this is a user viewable entry. But no, the Kind entry shows Plain Text.

Recognizing this is not a Cocoa question I post here because of the wealth of knowledge available. Note, I have posted to the QuickLook list but the traffic there is minimal, no posts other than mine for over 24 hours.

Any suggestions, directions or tips gladly accepted.

Thanks.

db