I know it doesn't support NSAttributedString. However, CFAttributedStringRef is supported. (That's why I'm using it.) The documentation reads:

"iPhone OS Note: While Core Foundation on iPhone OS contains CFAttributedString, there are no additions to the APIs in UIKit to add specific attributes such as font, style, or color, and there are no APIs to draw attributed strings."

My question is about casting CFAttributedStringRef to id, which appears not to work in certain circumstances. For example, adding an (id)CFAttributedStringRef to an NSMutableArray appears to work fine... CFGetRetainCount() reports an increase and decrease in the retain count after adding/removing.

~Michael