On Jul 21, 2009, at 10:32 AM, Tim Schmidt wrote:

Obviously CG's bitblock transfers access unallocated memory in this case. If I accidently free said memory it completely eludes me where this might happen (I am pretty confident I don't release any of my model/controller objects unintentionally (I tried running with all the usual mallocdebug options as well as NSZombies). Furthermore all NIBs are managed by NSViewController subclasses. Can anybody point me to some advanced guides on NSTableView (beyond the class reference and tables guide).

One thought: Are you using the -CGImage method of NSBitmapImageRep anywhere? If so, then you absolutely must not deallocate the NSBitmapImageRep while the CGImageRef is live, because the CGImageRef acquired via -CGImage is still using the NSBitmapImageRep's data.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>