Hi all,

For a typical iPhone application, after the application is finished
launching, the app delegate would then

1) create an instance of UIViewController;
2) ask the view controller for its view which the controller creates on
demand;
3) add the view as a subview of the window.

I really like this pattern since it adheres the MVC pattern. However, inside
the "OpenGL ES Application" XCode template, the EAGLView is added directly
to the window in the nib file, leaving the controller out.

My question is: since an EAGLView is a subclass of UIView, is there a
particular reason for the template to not follow the common pattern to
adhere the beloved MVC?

ciao,
wils